Monday, July 10, 2006

Top Five

I haven't made anything resembling a favorites list or top of the pops chart in ages. These are a few of the songs that have me coming back for more.

1)Anthony Rother - Gott

This brutal stomper from late last year just jumped on my radar and I have been abusing it relentlessly recently. Rother has been the undisputed master of German electro for years but recenly has been making tracks with Sven Vath for Coccoon. "Springlove," a collaboration just released by the duo, has been sticking with me as well.

2)Rene & Angela - I love you more (Mr. K Instrumental)
This is by far one of the greatest of the many disco edits I have been jamming to recently. How far it deviates from the original I have no idea. Originally scored off of the incredible bumrocks site, this has turned into one of my favorite summer jams.

3)Nelly Furtado - Maneater (Radioslave remix)
Never thought I would see the day the Nelly Furtado would make my top songs but this remix by Radioslave aka Rekid is tops. The booty shaking backbeat is perfect.

4)David Bowie - Sons of the Silent Age

Still working my way throught the Bowie back catalog. Heroes is an odd album in comparison to those that have come before it. It makes sense when compared to the previous Low but still, Bowie was out there charting his own course in the late 70s.

5)Idjut Boys - A Place Called Tarot (Idjut Boys Re-edit)

Groovy dubby disco is the sound of summer. This track and Sizzle by Goat Dance rock. Is it the summer of Beardo Disco?

No comments: