Monday, July 24, 2006

Thomas Schumacher

I have been sitting on this track for almost a month now. I purchased it pretty much on a whim, just listening to tunes wanting something that would remind me of how devestated Body Language left me last summer. After buying it I initially put it to the side because I realized that I was also a little tired of that electro one riff sound.

Still, the desire for a summer anthem has not left me. I even briefly considered making my first trip to Ibiza just to satisfy that need. The need for complete abandon, hands in the air dancing satisfaction is particularly strong with me recently. Maybe its because its been so long since I had a truely life affirming dancefloor experience. I think the last time it happened was when I saw Michael Mayer and Reinhardt Voight in Nov of 2003. Time flies...


However, traveling to Ibiza is ridiculously expensive and duty calls. So as we all should, I am going to try and make my own little piece of heaven here now. This heaven is going to be built one track at a time and in the hands of a skilled dj this track by Thomas Schumacher would be close to the summit in an escstatic set.

Thomas Schumacher - High on You(from his album Home)

Here is a little something from earlier in his career that has a bit more of an acid feel to it.

No comments: