Thursday, April 27, 2006

Idol Tryouts homage number 2

Ok, so I talked on the last post about revelations concerning listening to full length albums. Well this is the other album I sat down with last weekend. Previously I had gotten wrapped up in the ambient side of Idol Tryouts and posted about it further down the page.

Well, I am here to say that disk one blows number two out of the water. This is a very well aranged cd. The tracks flow smoothly and there are an incredible number of standout tracks. Daniel Wang and Lawrence both contribute great stuff that would usually fall more in line with the stuff I regualrly post here, but this album is about so much more than just great dance tracks. Aparently New Wave is making a comeback cause that is the phrase that comes to mind when I hear some of these tunes. That by the way is not a disparaging remark. As a child of the 80s, poppy electronic music ladden with hooks is buried in my DNA. I loved punk and thrash but I had a soft spot for OMD too.

There is a special dance bonus tacked on to the end of one of these tracks so don't fast forward if you hear dead air. Oh yea and the Junior Boys remixed one of these tracks. Look out for their new album soon.

Mobius Band - The Loving Sounds of Static (Junior Boys Remix)


Skelatons & The Girl Faced Boys - Fit Black Man

No comments: