Thursday, February 09, 2006

Since I hit up Autechre last night i felt it was only right to continue the thread this morning with another great 90s electronica act.

Plaid

Like every other electronic music obsessive of the 90s I was into Black Dog. Sometimes their themes of Egyptology and technology went over my head, but I enjoyed the tunes. One night in the early to mid 90s I ventured to the famous Sir George Robey pub in Finsbury Park to check out a night of electronic music. Ed and Andy (pictured) were playing a mix of recent and past electro maddness that fried my brain. I had been expecting something a bit more trendy and of the moment and instead they took it back to the mid 80s playing stuff I used to break dance to in junior high. Needless to say it was awesome. I began obsessively tracking their releases after that point, following the name changes and label shifts along the way. Here are two very different tracks from their long career.

From 1989 Plaid - Uneasy Listening

From 1995 Kushti - Stromboli

Get DRM free music at Bleep!

No comments: