Monday, August 07, 2006

Touch and Go 25th Anniversary

Found out about this upcoming festival a few months ago and just flipped. In the 80s and early 90s Touch and Go blew away most other indy labels out there. Their roster alone was unreal The Butthole Surfers, Big Black, Rapeman, Jesus Lizard the list goes on and on, literally the pantheon of golden age American "Alternative" Music. If you are a fan of music journalism you might have read "Our band could be your life," which documents this time pretty well. In any case the label has a festival coming up that documents their accomplishments both in the past and currently.
My friend Martin is travelling half way across the country just to see Scratch Acid (from my homestate Texas, more specifically Austin) and Big Black. Not so ancient readers of my site might know Touch and Go from CocoRosie or !!!, who are also playing.
(By the way, I can not say enough about how important Big Black was to me and my group of friends growing up so I won't even try. Just pick up a copy of The Rich Man's Eight Track and get blown away.)

!!! - Hello is this thing on


CocoRosie - Noah's Ark

Scratch Acid - Greatest Gift



Big Black - Jordan, Minnesota

No comments: