Friday, August 11, 2006

For the weekend

I have been loving some of the stuff over at Lovefingers.org recently. The spacey feel of some of the tracks they have been posting has just been killing it. In particular the Throbbing Gristle track from June 15 (Distant Dreams 2) and Champs Boys Orchestra Tubular Bells (Cosmic Mix) are an absolute necessity. I have heard tons of Throbbing Gristle and am actually familiar with this track from years ago. The timing of hearing them at this particular moment though is what provides the real impact.

Here are a few things of my own that their sound has me listening to:

Psychic TV - New Sexuality

Global Communications - 5 23 (Maiden Voyage)


John Barry - Fun City
from the Midnight Cowboy soundtrack

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess Throbbing Gristle has reformed and they are going to release a new album. I am going to Robotnik tonight. I'll let you know what I thought.

hector23 said...

What happened at Robotnik?