Monday, December 12, 2005

Today is my birthday! So to celebrate this grand holiday I purchased some absolutely sick music this weekend. The purchases were all over the place. I had been feeling a little out of touch with what has been going on in the relm of techno so I did a little research and thanks to the wonderful expertise of Mr. Philip Sherburne I picked up some tasty tracks that are prime for sharing.

If you have not had the opportunity to check out his regular column at the online magazine Pitchfork be sure to do so. It is his opinion and apparently the opinion of quite a few others, that a new genre of techno has mutated into existance recently and has faithfully been cataloged and branded with the title ketamine house. Not much out there written at the moment so you will have to take my word for it. Apparently it is defined by its wooziness and more overt psychedelic tendencies.

YUM!

Yoshimoto - Du what u Du (Trentmoller Remix)

No comments: