Wednesday, November 23, 2005

This is something I picked up this weekend totally on a whim. Usually I have some idea of what is waiting for me when I hit the record shop but this album caught me completely by suprise.

Environ has produced some of the most consistantly great music of the past few years. I still listen to Metro Area on a consistant basis several years after the release of their only album and I posted Daniel Wang on here just a few weeks ago. That is why I was caught completely by suprise when I saw this album. I hadn't heard anything at all about it.

In any case, Kelly Polar doesn't have that instant classic quality that Metro Area did. He grows on you. Its a compelling mix of 80s R&B & Freestyle sounds with a generous helping of 21st century production magic.

Black Hole

No comments: