Monday, March 12, 2007

Justine D.


Back again are the guys from I get rvng with their latest mix cd from the beautiful Justine D.
Now ordinarily I don't like mix cds, I want the full tracks to add to my collection so that I can quickly forget about who compiled the music and simply add to my ever expanding collection. However, once in a while something shows up that so defines the zeitgeist that I have to give my grudging respect and just jam to it.

This is one of those cds. With the recent proliferation of "new wave" bands on my space such as Glass Candy, the Chromatics and Farah a collection such as this was inevitable and since it speaks to my youth so successfully, quite enjoyable. Just check the tracklisting.

01. Robert Fripp & Brian Eno - Swastika Girls
02. The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds (7" Mix)
03. My Bloody Valentine - Soon (Andrew Weatherall 12" mix)
04. Shocking Blue - Acka Raga
05. Nitzer Ebb - Warsaw Ghetto
06. Turntablerocker - Love Supreme (Reduce to the Dub)
07. Daniel Wang - Like Some Dream (I Can't Stop Dreaming)
08. Ministry - All Day Remix
09. Glass Candy - I Always Say Yes
10. The Cars - Moving In Stereo
11. Hot Chip - No Fit State
12. Arthur Russell- Make 1,2
13. Chic - I Want Your Love
14. Delia Gonzalez & Gavin Russom - Black Spring
15. David Bowie - 1984
16. Crass - Walls
17. Malaria! - Kaltes Klares Wasser
18. Human League - Marianne
19. Christian Death - Romeo's Distress
20. Death In June - Nation
21. Goblin - Suspiria
22. Syd Barrett - Love You
23. The Zombies - Don't Go Away

Goblin, Delia & Gavin, Bowie, Chic, Ministry and an Andrew Weatherall remix of My Bloody Valentine! What more does a growing boy need?

What I can't figure out is how the guys from Igetrevng break even on this stuff. Five bucks for a cd is not much and each one is wrapped in a handmade case.
I have not listened to Diamond Dogs and particularly love the Bowie track on this compilation. 1984 is awesome!



Follow the links above to the myspace pages of Farah and Glass Candy for some choice free tracks.

No comments: