Thursday, February 22, 2007

Winterpills

Gotta be upfront with y'all and say that this is not something I was able to find on my own. Once in a while I get sent promos, some are ok some are a little bit less. Most of the time they don't even rate mentioning. Today however with an overcast sky and the last few days of Belle and Sebastian type music ringing in my head I thought it might be worth it to promote a little melancholy pop. Check it out and let me know what you think.


Winterpills - Brokenarm


In other news Other Music from New York is going to start offering digital downloads free of DRM for sale on their site. This should be a great place to get obscure stuff that isn't totally crippled by bits and bytes that screw with your rights as a consumer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is nice!

hector23 said...

Cool!
I always feel a touch compromised when I feature promos, but if they are good then it should cancel all those weird feelings out.

Damn catholic guilt (stays with you even after you stop practicing)...

Anonymous said...

hehe
well, to be honest i was always envious on you 'promo copy' folks :p

hector23 said...

more like promo low quality mp3 folks, but I know what you mean. I have long harbored those feelings. Take comfort in the fact that most of it is not very good.

Anonymous said...

Stream the whole record HERE.