Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Odawas

I joined E-Music recently and was pleasantly surprised at their offerings. Being limited to indie music exclusively caused me to go outside of my usual channels and look up new music totally outside of my experience. This in turn led me to Odawas.

Their sound is a lovely combination of many bands I have treasured dearly over the years. OK Computer era Radiohead, Neil Young, Ennio Morricone (can't deny his whistling influence) and the Beach Boys all mixed together in a heady stew. The track I have up is very epic in its sound and just floors me every time.

It is a bit solemn at times, but hey sometimes that is just what is needed.

For your pleasure Odawas (myspace link)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

got it, excellent man, keep it coming please.
I'm into The North Sea - Exquisite Idols at the moment

hector23 said...

I am really feeling the Beach Boys more and more as time goes on. Who would have thought that it could be so sublime.

Also have been listening to Kind Hearts and Coronets. Got a cdr from amoeba and its pretty good stuff. I am gonna put something up here pretty soon.