Tuesday, January 16, 2007

burial

Burial, burial, dark, burial, burial, underwater, burial burial , half remembered rave anthems, burialburial, jungle? burial burial, top albums of 2006, burial burial, surprised that I was hooked, burial burial, haunting melancholy, unnerving, lovely, distant, jittery, smoky, loved, my cell phone ring

Burial - You hurt me

unlike most of the music i have loved recently this is dark, spare, haunting music.
Perhaps I am not allowed to turn my goth side off. I have had a lifelong fascination with the darkside (Vader be damned) and this album allowed me to indulge while feeding me a new vision of an underwater London whose memories of warehouse parties still echo through the cold still water.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

underwater London all the way..

Tugboat said...

Such an amazing atmosphere on that album! Underwater London - great description.

hector23 said...

Perhaps after global warming. I saw a map of what it would look like after the icecaps melt and it is stunning how much the themes is going to rise